Monday, April 28, 2014

Siomai and Dumplings Workshop in Monster Kitchen Academy

27 April 2014
Monster Kitchen Academy
San Agustin cor Rizal Sts.,
Cagayan de Oro City

I was so lucky to be picked as one of the winners in an online contest of Monster Kitchen Academy. The prize is a slot for the Siomai and Dumplings Workshop held last April 27, 2014 in their Cathedral Branch.


Our chef-instructor is chef Albert Chiu.


He taught us to make Japanese Siomai, Kikiam, Wanton Triangles, and Pork Dumplings.

Japanese Siomai

Kikiam

Wanton Triangles

Pork Dumplings

Chef Albert was a good instructor. He gave out both entrepreneurial and kitchen pointers, recipe for the sauce and chili oil, and answered all questions with full expertise. Since our batch was full packed he gave us some 'additional perks' by asking his staff to make one more batch of siomai (sorry I have no clear photo for this due to steam) and this wanton noodle soup.


Since this was a workshop. He asked us to group ourselves into five. Each group was assigned to do one recipe. I was part of the group who made the kikiam. Our kikiam made me recall my childhood days when my mom bring home after work some of this every friday. Now I know what that yummy kikiam wrapper, more than that, I can now make one!

After the workshop and the steaming and the frying. He gave out our certificates. Now I am a certified Monster in the Kitchen :lol:


Of course, I will not share to this post the recipes and the pointers because I want you to experience it for yourself. To know more about Monster Kitchen Academy's Courses, workshop, fees and schedules visit their:

Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/monsterkitchenacademy.
Twitter at https://twitter.com/monster_kitchen
Instagram at http://instagram.com/bakingschoolcdo