Thursday, August 14, 2014

Coin Operated Laundry

30 July 2014

Wash and Go Coin Op Laundry
Dolores (Fernadez) - Velez sts.,
Cagayan de Oro City

I only seen this in the movies and I really wondered how would it feel to experience of it. I sounds like easy yet those machines looks sophisticated.

http://static.thecia.com.au/reviews/p/prince-and-me-5.jpg
At last I can now experience of using a coin op laundry here in Cagayan de Oro. The Wash and Go Coin Op Laundry.


They began their operations sometime in February of 2014. Since then, I always wanted to go there especially when heavy rain wont dry up all bed sheets. Sadly, this was the only day I get to use it when I picked up my wife's new uniform and she need to wear it the next day. Using our very trusty washing machine at home can do but i wont dry up immediately. So, I opted to go here so that I can do the laundry, dry it up while waiting for my wednesdate with my wife. Before picking up her uniform, I collected all my hand towels and other light colored laundry to maximise the load. Their washer and drier is up to 8Kg.

At this time, each wash load of 8Kg have a 30 pesos price tag BUT starting this August 1, 2014 they lifted their opening promo thus each wash load will now cost 60 pesos per 8Kg or 120 pesos if you will use the 16Kg washer. Thats about 7.50 pesos per kilo not bad if we will go to a laundromat that cost 30 pesos per kilo.

To start, I got a priority number at the front desk. Once called, I loaded my soap on top of the machine. Since Im using an all in one soap, i did not add a bleach and fabric conditioner. I then loaded my laundry, closed it. Push some setting in the machine, loaded my coins and pushed start and waited for it to be done.


Each was load have a cycle of wash, rinse and spin dry in about 20 to 30 minutes. After my laundry, some parts - about 20% - are still wet and if I'll bring it home with that amount it might smell stinky old soap. So OK ill use their heat dryer.


Each dryer cost 60 pesos per load with an estimated time of 40 to 45 minutes. Since my laundry has a little amount of water plus its a light fabric it just 15 minutes its all dried up. Good thing a co-blogger James was there and he is so thankful I pass my remaining dryer time to him. My total bill is 90 pesos, if I'll add my soap thats plus 5 pesos so all in all that 95 pesos. Not bad since its all done in just an hour and I don't have to wait for 3 days (by going to a laundromat).

Based on this experience I can note to all of us, including me, that we need to ready our 5 peso and 10 pesos coins to feed the machine and we can use our own brand of soap, bleach and fabric conditioner.  The machine's instructions are posted for our guidance.

Next time, i'll go there again with a full load of 8Kg so that I will get all full savings. REMINDERS pls, they now cost 60 pesos per 8Kg wash and another 60 pesos per 8Kg dryer. For more updates like their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/washandgoph and their website has the lastest and full listing of prices, visit it at http://www.washandgoph.com/