Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Oro Integrated Cooperative Kicks-off their 50th Year

Last October 10th, the Oro Integrated Cooperative (OIC) kicks-off and gearing up for their upcoming 50th year of quality service to people. I am a witness of this quality service since I am also a member of OIC for nearly two years now. I will share that experience on my succeeding post, for now let me share to you this.


The said kick-off was attended by OIC bosses, partners, employees and us, some members of OIC and of the media, in Malberry Suites. The ceremonies was short, simple yet full packed: Inspirational messages from OIC President; launching of the 50th year Logo and; the four advocacies of the company.

OIC now has 120,000 members and still growing. They are from Cagayan de Oro, Bukidnon, Misamis Oriental and Bohol. What made me interested to became a member of OIC is that they are the only one who have an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) under Megalink.

Its all started last March 5, 1966 when Atty. Mordino Cua founded Oro Cooperative Credit Union  (OCCU) with a modest start up capital of 88 pesos then the 27 members followed and believed Atty. Cua's promotion on Financial Self-sufficiency and Economic Independence. Fast forward to 1991, OCCU became Oro Integrated Cooperative as we all know it today.

As the members grow, so thus its financial growth. For 50 years, OIC built an asset base of 2.1 billion Pesos. Posting a net surplus of 136 million pesos last 2014 which entitled every eligible member a 10.75% dividend rate.

So, tara na sa OIC! Financial Success is here. I should know, Im one of its members who benefited to their financial services. Ill share to you on the next article how, but to tease you, let me say that I traveled every year all because of OIC. My savings account in commercial banks only earns two centavos but here in OIC I earned more that five pesos a year in interest tax free.